Dry Film Lubricant for
Dry Film Lubricant (DFL)
Dry Film Lubricants, or DFLs, provide a better metal-processing experience. When producing metal appliances, DFL eliminates the need for wet lubricants by providing significant lubricity for metal forming with a no-mess, dry-to-the-touch coating.
- Ensures the best part quality for steel and aluminium forming
- Protects to ensure that each unit remains flawless
- Can extend the life of your equipment and materials
- Eliminates the mess of oil in your facility
- Reduces the need for plastic film as a protective coating
- Works around tight grooves, delicate bends and precision cuts
- Protects interior and exterior components from scuffing or scratching
Dry Film Lubricant eliminates the need for oils, pre-lubes, and other compounds that are currently used to aid in the stamping and forming process. DFL is an environmentally safe choice that saves money, reduces scrap and improves part quality.
- Usable on most metal substrates
- Eliminates metal-to-metal contact, protecting the tool and formed part
- Reduces die maintenance and die adjustments during long runs
- Doesn’t affect secondary processing (Slitting, CTL, etc.)
- Eliminates oil clean-up time
- Eliminates need for rust preventatives and washing steps before welding and stamping
- Roll metals straight off one line and into the next one without additional processing
- Decreased wear-and-tear prolongs equipment life
- Can complete longer runs with fewer stops
- Reduce scrap rates
- Immediately increase substrate formability
- Reduce steel grade without sacrificing product quality
- Reduce facility cleaning costs by eliminating oil-based lubricants
- Reduce air and fire safety hazards from storing oil-based lubricants
- Provide consistent, defect-free parts with longer-lasting equipment
- Benefit from transportation corrosion protection
- Protect tight grooves, delicate bends and precision cuts
- Suitable for deep-draw stamping
- Easily remove DFL with an alkaline cleaner
- Some DFLs provide weldability without removal
- Removable after use
- Eliminates the need for oils and other drawing compounds
- Eliminate oil drum storage
- Reduce respiratory and fire safety risks from wet lubricants
- Reduce need for protective plastic films on interior/exterior appliance components
- Removes VOCs and HAPs from processing
We're excited to announce that as a result of a recent employee survey, a national accreditation organization certified us as A Great Place to Work. What's this mean? It means we offer an above average work environment and experience for our employees in areas like...
Our economy is struggling between pandemic recovery and the war with Ukraine. Material sourcing prices and lead times have soared across the manufacturing and automotive industries as a result. Steel shortages in particular are causing significant challenges for...
Connect with a sales representative today. Let’s talk about engineering a solution for you.